Ion implantation refers to the phenomenon that when an ion beam is emitted into a solid material in a vacuum, the ion beam knocks the atoms or molecules of the solid material out of the surface of the solid material. This phenomenon is called sputtering; When the ion beam hits the solid material, it bounces back from the surface of the solid material or passes through the solid material. These phenomena are called scattering; Another phenomenon is that after the ion beam is shot into the solid material, it is slowly reduced by the resistance of the solid material, and finally stays in the solid material. This phenomenon is called ion implantation.
Advantages of high energy ion implantation
Diversity: in principle, any element can be used as implanted ions; The formed structure is not limited by thermodynamic parameters (diffusion, solubility, etc.);
Do not change: do not change the original size and roughness of the workpiece; It is suitable for the last process of all kinds of precision parts production;
Firmness: the implanted ions are directly combined with atoms or molecules on the surface of the material to form a modified layer. There is no clear interface between the modified layer and the base material, and the combination is firm without falling off;
Unrestricted: the injection process can be carried out when the material temperature is below zero and up to hundreds of thousands of degrees; It can strengthen the surface of materials that cannot be treated by ordinary methods, such as plastics and steel with low tempering temperature.
The superiority, practicability and broad market prospect of this surface treatment technology have been appreciated by more and more departments and units and have been widely used. According to the research and development over the years and drawing on the new progress in the world, MEVVA source metal ion implantation is especially suitable for the surface treatment of the following types of tools, dies and parts:
(1) Metal cutting tools (including various drilling, milling, turning, grinding and other tools and cemented carbide tools used in precision machining and NC Machining) can generally increase the service life by 3-10 times;
(2) Hot extrusion and injection mold can reduce energy consumption by about 20% and prolong service life by about 10 times;
(3) Precision motion coupling components, such as stator and rotor of air extraction pump, cam and chuck of gyroscope, piston, bearing, gear, turbine vortex rod, etc., can greatly reduce the friction coefficient, improve the wear resistance and corrosion resistance, and prolong the service life up to more than 100 times;
(4) The precision nozzle for extruding synthetic fiber and optical fiber can greatly improve its abrasion resistance and service life;
(5) Precision molds in the semiconductor industry and embossing and stamping molds in the can industry can significantly improve the working life of these valuable and precision molds;
(6) Medical orthopedic repair parts (such as titanium alloy artificial joints) and surgical instruments have very good economic and social benefits.
Post time: Mar-04-2022